- Sustain, Tone, Master Volume controls
- Tone boosts highs or cuts mids of the compression
- Bloom switch sets compression swell to Fast/Off/Slow
- Wet/Dry Blend control to help preserve attack
- FET output Limiter/booster with Soft/Off/Hard settings
- Press & Hold footswitch to access extra Boost knob
- True Bypass switching
- Runs on 9V to 18V batteries or supplies–9V provides harder FET limiting, while 18V is more open and less distorted, and provides more dramatic compression.
- Thumbscrew removable bottom with holes for tie-wrap or screw-in pedalboard attachment methods
- Current: 13mA with at 9V, 15mA at 18V
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- BATTERIES/SUPPLY NOT INCLUDED
- Weight: 9 ounces, Dimensions: 2.7"W X 4.65"D X 2"H
- Made in the USA
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
Product Styling by Bob Hopkins. Mechanical Engineering support by Ken Chappell. Electrical & Mechanical Design and Tweaking by James Brown.
......Conceptual Ideas by You.
Sustain without compression…..a common suggestion Amptweaker™ receives that means “don’t mess with my attack.” The Amptweaker PressuRizer™ compressor accomplishes this in several unique ways, and includes a built-in output FET limiter/booster, making this a powerful clean tone tweaker. Using parallel studio-grade compression with wet/dry blend, and some unusual side-chain variations, it varies from smooth compression that limits the initial ‘whack’ to a dry-blended approach that adds compression after a short delay. The PressuRizer is designed to work for both guitar and bass.
The Bloom switch (Fast/Off/Slow) rewires the side-chain detector so the signal compresses and then grows…..when blended with dry, the result sounds normal at first, and then blooms like a great Les Paul. The Tone only affects the compressed signal and boosts highs to cut through, or cuts midrange to help match the ‘blooming’ tone to the dry. The Limiter switch adds a FET booster after the blend, and can be set Soft for barely limiting, Hard for a slightly broken-up sound, or Off for no limiting. This FET limiter has a very rounded breakup, similar to output tubes.
Since many always leave their compressor on, the PressuRizer has a cool 2-Step footswitch….normally it’s a true bypass on/off switch, but if you press & hold the switch, it locks the compressor on, and then tapping kicks in another boost knob on the side of the pedal. So you can get a 1–2 punch with a single button pedal!
The pedals all include true bypass switching, 9-18VDC operation, and a thumbscrew- removable bottom plate with special holes to even accommodate tie-wrap or screw-in pedalboard attachment methods.
|This Premier Guitar demo includes a Bass demo at ~6:20:|
Cool demo from NAMM 2017 featuring That Pedal Show, sponsored by Andertons:
Demo recorded at NAMM by Gear Gods, even using it through a TightMetal Pro at the end:
Here's a clean demo of the PressuRizer:
Another cool demo by our friend The Tone King: